PHY 580 - ASTROBIOLOGY FOR
Assignments for WEEK 9
- Explain how the gravitation
interaction between from planets and stars cause a star's
orbit to wobble.
- Calculate the location of the center
of mass for a two-body system.
- Make inferences about planetary
bodies given stellar and orbital
- Gain experience with using the
Doppler method to find extra-solar planets.
- Read Chapter #16 (pgs. 260 to 275)
and Chapter #17 (pgs. 276 to 292) of Jakosky
- Assignment #12: Choose an
astrobiology topic that your group will focus on for the
second (of two) class activity of the Curriculum
Development Project (CDP).
What are the main content goals your activity is intended
to teach? Describe the general thread of activities that
you will use to promote student engagement and
understanding of your topic.
Study & Discussion
Then, answer the study questions for
16 and Chapter
17 as assigned by your