Chapter #18 Life in the Universe.
1. In the first half billion years of Earth's history, approximately how many Earth sterilizing impact events were thought to have occurred? (page 293)
2. According to Jakosky approximately how long after the Earth became stable from sterilizing bombardments did it take for life to first form? (page 294)
3. Explain whether the rapid nature in which life developed on Earth suggests that the formation of life is a difficult event, or a relatively straightforward consequence of the natural events on Earth. (page 294)
4. What are the specific requirements described by Jakosky that are believed to have been necessary for the initial development of life on Earth? (page 294 &endash; 295)
5. Describe the process proposed by Jakosky that would suggests that stars will form with orbiting planets as a normal outcome of the formation of any star and accompanying solar system. (page 297)